Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Creamy Pasta and Vegetables

I made this last night for dinner, I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out as I used a recipe that I had in one of my Pampered Chef cookbooks, but didn’t follow it exactly. The hubby, LOVED IT!

Ingredients:

1 1b. penne pasta uncooked ( I used whole wheat)
4 cloves of garlic
5 ¼ c. chicken broth
1 package cream cheese (I used fat free cheese)
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes drained (the recipe called for sun dried tomatoes)
1 lb cooked ground turkey
1 package frozen stir-fry vegetables (you can use fresh vegetables, but this is what I had on hand)
¼ c. Parmesan cheese
Basil
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large stock pot. Slice into thin slices the 4 cloves of garlic and add to the pot with oil. Cook until golden. Remove from heat and add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and add the pasta and a tsp. of dried basil and Italian seasoning. . Cook for about 10-12 minutes. Divide the cream cheese into quarters. Add all of the remaining ingredients (cream cheese, turkey, tomatoes, veggies, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper) to the pasta and broth. Cook until cheese is melted.

Serve.

No comments: