Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

Alabama Turkey Noodle Soup

I made this recipe tonight for my hubby and me...he said it was really good and I thought it was pretty good myself! (Had to use up some of the turkey meat I had from my baking last night)

1 T. olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped ( I used a small one)
1 bunch green onions, chopped ( I didn't have any, so used part of a white onion)
2 c. carrots, peeled and sliced
2 c. celery, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 3/4 oz. can French onion soup
6 c. chicken broth
1 t. poultry seasoning
1 t. dried rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
3 c. cooked turkey breast, diced
2 c. fine egg noodles, uncooked (I used the Reams Frozen Noodles)

Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic; cook until yellow onion is transparent. Stir in soup, broth and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until vegetables are almost tender. Add turkey and noodles; raise heat slightly and continue cooking until noodles are tender. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

*Recipe from the Autumn in the Country Gooseberry Patch Cookbook

No comments: