Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tricia's Halloween Chili

We are having a chili cook-off next week at work and I knew just the recipe to bring!

I haven't had this recipe in YEARS...but it is one that stood out to me when we visited my parent's friends before a Mizzou football game.  Tricia made it and it was SOOOOO GOOD! I can't wait to make it next week!

1 pound ground beef
2 pounds pork steak ( trimmed- cubed or chopped or ground)
2 green peppers diced
1 lg. onion
1 pound sliced mushrooms
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans black-eyed peas
1 can northern beans
3 cans diced tomatoes
3 packets chili seasoning ( 1 hot , 2 mild)  Tricia uses all mild
Brown meats, saute peppers, onions & mushrooms
Add remaining ingredients - don't drain!
simmer for 1/2 hour
Serves approx 10-12

No comments: