Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cheesy Corn Bread, Spinach and Turkey Casserole

Paula Deen...I love this casserole! I had no idea that I would love it as much as I do...if you are looking for a new casserole to try.....and you like spinach and ground turkey....try this!




The Deen Family Cookbook

2 tbsp olive oil
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste
one 10oz pkg frozen spinach
one 10 oz can cheddar cheese soup
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
one 8 1/2oz pkg corn muffin mix
1/2 cup buttermilk ( I used skim milk)
2/3 frozen corn, thawed and drained  - I used canned corn
1 egg
1 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese

1. Preheat 400 degrees. Grease 13 by 9-inch baking dish and set it aside. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the oil. Add the pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Add the turkey and brown. Then add onion and garlic and when cooked add salt and pepper to taste.

2. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl , add the spinach, soup, and Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Pat the mixture evenly in to the baking dish.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the corn muffin mix, buttermilk, corn, egg, and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Bake for 10 minutes then add the remaining cup of cheddar cheese and bake for 20 minutes.

4 comments:

Marci Mulloy said...

This looks super yummy Dana! Can't wait to try it! If it's Paula Deen's recipe, I'm sure it is goooooooood!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I made this a few weeks ago and it was spectacular. My whole family loved it. I put the leftovers in a freezer container and froze it to take to work for lunch!

Anonymous said...

Made this and it was awesome. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Jujubeeme said...

I am looking for left over Thanksgiving recipe. Do you think left over turkey would wor