Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Homemade Granola Bars

I have made this recipe several times. It is my cousin Rachel's and Muscleman and I LOVE IT! I can't seem to make enough as we eat it so fast!

3 cups oats-I use quick cooking oats
2 cups coconut
1 cup almonds sliced
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dried mixed berries-I use the blueberry, cranberry, cherry mixture
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt-which I don't do
3 eggs slightly beaten
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Sprinkle first 4 ingredients into a large roasting pan or jelly roll pan. Bake 18 minutes at 350. Stir once during baking. Cool. Combine rest of ingredients. Mix well and stir in oat mixture. Mix well. Press into at 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 pan or I use a jelly roll pan. I use a measuring cup and press down the mixture really well in the pan. If the mixture is not pressed down well the granola bars may fall apart. Bake 20 minutes. Cut into bars wrap in foil. Keeps 3 weeks. Can substitute: dried peaches,dates,apricots,choc. chips, pineapple, pecans.

No comments: